A mashup this 1956 Ford F-100 combines some of the best of both Ford and Chevrolet to make one badass truck. Undergoing a frame-off restoration the Ford was give a custom chassis to accommodate the addition of a C6 Corvette suspension and utilize a Camaro rear differential and custom axels.
Staying true to its Ford lineage, the ’58 features a Mustang 5.0 Coyote engine and 6R80 automatic transmission giving it a modern touch. One that resonates throughout the rest of the truck’s components, which according to the listing include, “shaved turn signals and incorporated into the headlights, roll pans front and rear, rounded door corners, filled-in drip rails, Kindig-It door handles, 3″ wider rear fenders, smooth running boards, smooth tailgate, tubbed bed, power one-piece door glass and LED taillights.”
This modern twist on a classic will cross the block at Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale, AZ this coming January.
[Photography courtesy of Barrett-Jackson.]
Cancel your weekend plans because Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May are back! The trio return for season two of the hit Amazon show, The Grand Tour, in what could very well be the most anticipated season of their collaborative careers. Reason being, the near fatal wreck that Hammon experienced while filming in the Rimac Concept One while filming in Switzerland.
Dodge has officially opened their own garage, but you won’t find it on any map in your glove box. The Dodge Garage lives entirely on the ole interwebs.
Launching at the Performance Racing Industry (PRI) trade show in Indianapolis, the new garage will act as a hub for performance enthusiasts. There they will be able to find the latest in Dodge, SRT and Mopar brand news, but the company looks to take it even further with curated content from other websites and forums; all related to muscle cars and racing. The content to be featured includes:
News – Review all the latest Dodge news and events from both Dodge and performance enthusiasts, including blogs from special guest authors, along with engineering and design stories; learn more about Dodge partnerships with DSR, Bondurant, Hagerty and Pennzoil; and Q&As, chats with partners, enthusiasts, and Dodge engineers and designers
Events – Search for upcoming events, including Cars & Coffee, races, auto shows and enthusiast events in your area
Racing HQ – Learn more about the Dodge and Mopar teams, get schedules, see race results, including NHRA point standings, and locate a track near you; also features glossary with racing terms to help better understand what a “breakout” is, in addition to understanding cars and classes
Gallery – Check out the latest videos and images from across Dodge brand’s digital and social channels, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Downloads – Download images, such as wallpaper for all of your devices, including computers, laptops, tablets and watches
Merchandise – Shop Dodge-branded merchandise
While this is a super cool thing is doing to better engage with their owners and fans, you should still definitely continue to come to GasMonkeyGarage.com for all your automotive happenings.
Through the years Dennis Collins has become a master of marketing through CollinsBros Jeep and Black Mountain; however, well before that, this 1958 Austin-Healey 100-Six was turning heads at the 1958 London Motor Show as a spectacular marketing tactic.
In an effort to steal attention away from Britain’s “Big Five” at the 1958 London Motor Show at Earls Court, public relations manager Ken Gregory pitched the idea of a super custom 100-Six. Reluctant to commit to such an extreme build for nothing more than a marketing stunt, Donald Healey made Gregory lineup a buyer for the car after the show. Gregory was able to find such a buyer in a local newspaper who would then offer it as a price and with that agreement, Gregory’s vision was on its way to becoming reality.
Painted an ivory paint the main event is the 24-karat gold which embellishes any area traditionally metal or chromed, down to the washers and screws. Additionally, the wire wheels are also plated in gold giving the car a further regal look. And with gold everywhere no simple materials would do for the interior, but instead it was adorned with Champagne Connolly kid leather and Champagne Diadem Mink. Through the years the 100-Six dubbed “Goldie” has seen a number of owners, but also meticulous upkeep with a complete restoration occurring in 1986. The car again went through pre-show preparations under Dennis’s ownership and took home Best Restored at the 2015 Kuwaiti Concours d’Elegance.
This historic 1958 Austin-Healey 100-Six is being offered in early December at RM Sotheby’s New York ICONS auction.
Updated: The one-of-a-kind Austin-Healey sold for $179,200 at auction in New York, NY last night, December 6th.
It may look like a scene straight out of Fast and Furious, but the Lamborghini pictured is very real and just the tip of the iceberg of Japan’s insane car scene. Drifter Mad Mike explores this custom car world for Red Bull and from semi-trucks to supercars and quite literally everything in between these cars aren’t for everyone, but the craftsmanship and passion should be commended by all. Check ’em out!
It’s always good day when a vintage JDM car stops by Gas Monkey Garage, and this ’78 Datsun 280Z owned by Mark F. Lasch is no exception. Known as “The Lazarus” this 280Z was a barn find found and built by Mark. Check it out as he takes “Fast N’ Loud’s” Chad Isbell through his ride.
Starting in 2018 GM will become the first company to offer commerce options direct to your dash. Drivers of select GM vehicles will be able to shop the marketplaces for the following companies:
- Starbucks offers another convenient way for customers to order ahead and enjoy their favorite handcrafted beverage or food item. And as part of the Starbucks Rewards™ program, members enjoy more value by earning Rewards towards free food and drink. (Early 2018)
- Dunkin’ Donuts will help customers start their day off right through an experience that allows DD Perks members to preorder and pay onscreen for their favorite coffee and donut, at their preferred pickup location.
- Wingstop will allow you to skip the wait by re-ordering your favorites and paying ahead, so you can get home in time for the big game
- TGI Fridays will let customers schedule a table reservation for them and their closest friends and family when they need a break from the week.
- Shell will enable the exceptional driver experience, providing ease of payment and savings with INSTANT GOLD STATUS in the Fuel Rewards® program. Customers’ closest Shell station will be identified and station amenities showcased among the largest fuel station network in the U.S., with the ability to pay in-dash coming soon.
- ExxonMobil will quickly locate Exxon and Mobil fuel stations with details of what they offer, route you there and get you back on the road faster.
- Priceline.com gives drivers access to hundreds of thousands of hotels and exclusive hotel savings on the go.
Parkopedia allows drivers to find, reserve and pay for parking, all at the click of a button.
- Applebee’s ensures customers are never too far from Eatin’ Good in the Neighborhood whether close to home or miles away with the ability to locate their nearest restaurant, order featured menu items and reorder recent favorites through the convenience of their vehicle’s touchscreen.
- IHOP makes it easy for guests to enjoy hot, fresh all-day breakfast favorites like fluffy buttermilk pancakes on the go, thanks to safe and secure on-dash ordering and location service capabilities that help search and find the nearest restaurant for pickup.
- delivery.com empowers the neighborhood economy by enabling customers to order online from their favorite local restaurants, wine and spirits shops, grocery stores and laundry and dry-cleaning providers.
Doritos could quite possibly be one of the worst car snack options as you’re destined for crumbs and cheesy fingerprints, but video games are another story. Parked on the couch halfway through a late night bender they seem like a pretty decent choice, which is the only reason that we can imagine Doritos paired with Forza Motorsport 7 to bring a new expansion pack. And while the trailer looks pretty awesome, the car list is as random as we felt the initial partnership was.
Doritos Car Pack
– 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
– 1962 Porsche 804
– 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
– 1955 Chevrolet 150 Utility Sedan
– 1926 Bugatti Type 35
– 1985 Nissan Safari
– 1939 BMW 328
Sure Lamborghini may have just debuted a near 200mph SUV, but for many a car like that is not truly an SUV. However, the companies first foray into the SUV market is another story and this LM002 could be that Lambo SUV you truly wanted.
Produced in a five year run from the late 80s to early 90s the LM002’s numbers totaled just 300 with only 60 finding their way to the U.S. as American version. This is on of those LM/Americans and has undergone a 5-year $325,000 renovation to restore the car to its 90s prestige; which featured: the Countach’s V12, 76 gallon tank and a 7.7-second 0-60mph time.
This iconic Lambo goes to auction tomorrow, December 6th at the appropriately named RM Sotheby’s Icons 2017 auction in New York.
[Photography courtesy of RM Sotheby’s.]