“Gas Monkey” Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”)
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, DONATION OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SWEEPSTAKES DATES: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 29, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on September 28, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Period”), subject to Entry Periods running from Thursday to Wednesday of each week of the Sweepstakes. For purposes of these Official Rules, all times are given in Eastern Time.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to: i) legal permanent United States residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older or nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi, or ii) a legal resident of Canada (excluding residents of the province of Quebec) who are at least the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence as of the date of entry (the “Entrant”). Current and past employees, officers and directors of Gas Monkey Garage (the “Sponsor”) and each of its subsidiaries and affiliates, distributors, vendors, advertising/promotion agencies, and any others engaged in the development, production, execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, National Sweepstakes Company, LLC (the “Independent Administrator”) (collectively referred to herein as “Sweepstakes Entities”) as well as their immediate family members (spouses, siblings, children and parents, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to participate. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sweepstakes is void in Quebec, outside of the forty-eight (48) United States, the District of Columbia, Canada and wherever else prohibited or restricted by law.
3. TO ENTER: There are five (5) ways to receive entries into this Sweepstakes:
- VIA A PURCHASE: Visit www.gasmonkeygarage.com (the “Website”) and make a qualifying purchase to receive one (1) entry for every $1 purchased at the Website. Entrant will need to provide all of the required information as requested in order to submit and complete a purchase. Upon completion of the purchase, Entrant will automatically receive the entry or entries for each purchase of $1 at the Website. Also, Entrant will receive one (1) entry for every $1 purchased of a gift card; however, use of a gift card to purchase is NOT a qualifying purchase. If an Entrant requests a refund, the refund and entries removed from the Entrant’s entry will be determined based on the Sponsor’s refund policy at https://shop.gasmonkeygarage.com/pages/return-policy.
Sponsor may offer additional entries via Purchase during specific timeframes of the Sweepstakes. Those offerings will be posted at the Website.
- ADDITIONAL ENTRIES VIA DONATION: To receive entries by making a Donation to the Gas Monkey Foundation (non-profit organization), while at the website, Entrant will have the option to make a Donation by choosing the Donation amount. Donations may be made at the Website only, via any of the payment methods accepted at the Website. Upon making the desired Donation and completing the payment process in its entirety, Entrants will receive one (1) entry for each $1 Donation into the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor makes no representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind that persons participating via Donation will be eligible to receive any tax deduction or other charitable benefit in conjunction therewith. The availability of any such charitable benefit is a matter solely between Entrant and the Gas Monkey Foundation. Entrants are thereby cautioned to consult with their accountant or other tax professional BEFORE seeking to claim any charitable benefit relative to Sweepstakes participation. Without limiting the foregoing, Entrant understands and agrees that Sponsor is not acting as a professional fundraiser, charitable solicitor. AT ALL TIMES, THE ONLY PARTIES TO THE DONATION TRANSACTION ARE THE ENTRANT, ON THE ONE HAND, AND NAME OF CHARITY, ON THE OTHER.
- ADDITIONAL ENTRIES VIA STICKER: Upon checkout at the Website, Entrant may opt to purchase a $5 sticker to receive double entries on his/her complete purchase (which is inclusive of the Donation entries). For example, if an Entrant purchases $50 on the Website and makes a $10 Donation he/she would receive sixty (60) entries. Then, if the Entrant opts to purchase the $5 sticker, he/she would receive a total of one hundred and twenty (120) entries. Entrant may only purchase one (1) $5 sticker per transaction to receive double entries.
Neither Sponsor nor Independent Administrator is responsible for any entry that is lost, late, misdirected or undeliverable, whether due to system errors, omissions, interruption, deletions, defects, delay in operations or transmissions, theft or destruction or failures, faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions, entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors and failures, faulty transmissions, technical malfunctions, or otherwise.
- ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY (“AMOE”): To receive an entry into the Sweepstakes without making a Purchase or Donation, Entrant must enter as follows: on a plain 4” x 6” postcard (ENVELOPE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED), legibly handprint in black ink your first name, last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, telephone number (including area code), date of birth, phone, e-mail address (if available) and send to: “Gas Monkey” Giveaway, PO Box 429, Newark NY 14513. Each postcard is considered ten (10) entries into the Sweepstakes. NO ENVELOPES WILL BE ACCEPTED. To receive an additional ten (10) entries per AMOE, hand write “DONATION” at the top of the postcard. To receive double entries, hand write “STICKER” in the bottom right hand corner of the postcard. For each AMOE that has “DONATION”, that Entrant will receive a total of twenty (20) entries into the Sweepstakes/Entry Period. For each AMOE that has “DONATION” and “STICKER”, that Entrant will receive a total of forty (40) entries into the Sweepstakes/Entry Period. Then, please see below for receiving Additional Entries via Purchase during offer periods posted at the Website. Entries must be postmarked by September 29, 2021 and received by October 6, 2021. Entries submitted or completed by anyone other than the Entrant are void. No mechanical reproductions will be accepted. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, postage due or damaged mailed entries.
During the time frame in which more entries are offered via purchase, AMOE entries (follow directions for AMOE entries above) with the words “ADDITIONAL ENTRIES” hand written in the bottom left hand side of the postcard will earn “ADDITIONAL ENTRIES” if their entry is postmarked on the specified date(s). If the “ADDITIONAL ENTRIES” offer falls on a Sunday, the mail-in entry must be postmarked the Monday immediately following the offer.
- NEWS and DEAL SIGN-UP: Visit www.gasmonkeygarage.com to sign up for Gas Monkey news and deals by providing a valid email address. Sign-up is free and you can opt-out at any time. Entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes via the Sign-up method of entry.
Regardless of the method of entry, there is a limit of five thousand and one (5,001) entries per Entrant during the Sweepstakes Period. Entrant may receive up to five thousand entries via Purchase, Donation, Sticker or AMOE and one entry via Sign-up.
Without limitation, Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant whose social media account that, in their sole opinion, refers, depicts or in any way reflects negatively upon the Sponsor, the Sweepstakes or any other person or entity; does not comply with these Official Rules; or if Sponsor receives notification about any potential infringements or breaches of law or any other reason set forth herein.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (defined below) of the e-mail address connected with the email account from which the Purchase, Donation or Sticker was sent. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. An Entrant may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the Entrant is the Authorized Account Holder of the email address associated with the entry. Any attempt by any Entrant to enter this Sweepstakes using multiple/different accounts or any other methods may void the Entrant’s entries and may result in disqualification, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Use of any automated system to participate in the Sweepstakes is prohibited and may result in disqualification. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any entry that is lost, late, misdirected or undeliverable, whether due to system errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmissions or any other reason, theft or destruction or failures, faulty transmissions or other telecommunication malfunctions, entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors and failures, technical malfunctions, or otherwise. Late entries or entries sent via any other method than those stated above will not be accepted.
Weekly Prize Drawings: There will be one (1) random drawing held on or about each Thursday of the Sweepstakes at 2:00 pm EST in Newark, NY starting August 12, 2021 through October 7, 2021. One (1) weekly prize winner (each a “Weekly Prize Winner”) will be selected from among all eligible entries received during that respective Entry Period (Entry Periods run from Thursday to Wednesday). All non-winning eligible entries from previous Entry Periods will be eligible for subsequent Weekly Prize drawings. Odds of winning a weekly prize (“Weekly Prize”) will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the respective Entry Period and any non-winning eligible entries from subsequent Entry Periods.
Grand Prize Drawing: There will be one (1) random drawing held on or about October 8, 2021 at 2:00 pm EST in Newark, NY. One (1) grand prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning the grand prize (“Grand Prize”) will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. All Weekly Prize Winners are eligible for the Grand Prize drawing.
The random drawings will be conducted by the Independent Administrator, whose decisions are based upon its sole discretion and interpretation of these Official Rules and are final and binding in all respects.
WEEKLY PRIZES: Each Weekly Prize Winner will receive $500 to be awarded as a check. There will be a total of nine (9) Weekly Prizes to be awarded. Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Weekly Prize is $500. Total ARV of all Weekly Prizes is $4,500.
GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize of a trip for the Grand Prize Winner and three (3) guests to Richard Rawlings personal garage to select one (1) vehicle inside his garage. Grand Prize is inclusive of: i) roundtrip first class airfare for Grand Prize Winner and three (3) guests to and from a major airport nearest the Grand Prize Winner’s residence and Dallas, TX, ii) two (2) hotel room accommodations for two (2) days/ one (1) night, each room will be a standard double occupancy room (Sponsor to determine the hotel accommodations at their discretion and is inclusive of room rate and tax only), iii) roundtrip ground transportation to/from the airport and hotel and to/from the hotel and the garage, iv) dinner at the garage, and v) the selection of one (1) vehicle from a Sponsor provided list of vehicles available to be awarded.
Total ARV of the Grand Prize is $103,000.
The maximum ARV of a vehicle is $100,000. In the event the vehicle’s ARV is less than $100,000 the Grand Prize Winner will receive the remaining amount as a check. For example, if the Grand Prize Winner selects a vehicle valued at $50,000, he/she will receive a check for $50,000. Color, Options and Accessories to be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The vehicle may have mileage and the Grand Prize Winner is responsible for requesting any mileage on the vehicle. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a list of all available vehicles and the respective values that he/she may select from while onsite. Grand Prize Winner must have and provide a valid Driver’s License and provide proof of existing Vehicle Insurance Coverage (Comprehensive or Liability) at time of delivery. Grand Prize Winner will be solely responsible for any applicable registration, license, title and insurance fees, all taxes (federal, state, local, municipal, sales and/or income) and any expenses not listed herein related to the acceptance and use of the Grand Prize. Sponsor does not make, nor is Sponsor in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Grand Prize, including but not limited to its quality, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition; the only representation/warranty/guarantee that may be provided, if any, are those of the manufacturer and/or dealer. Grand Prize Winner must accept delivery of the vehicle or pick up the vehicle within 7 days of notification that the vehicle is ready. Grand Prize Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations including, but not limited to licensing and insurance requirements.
VEHICLE CONDITIONS: The Grand Prize Winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to the Vehicle after it has been delivered. The depiction of the Vehicle in any advertising or promotional materials or physical display may not reflect the actual vehicle onsite at the time the Grand Prize is awarded. Grand Prize Winner will only have the option to select the vehicle that are onsite at the time of award.
Trip, travel, and lodging elements may be subject to change due to impracticability or unavailability, or for any other reason as determined necessary by Sponsor or its designee. Tickets are subject to the terms and conditions of issuer and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, misplaced, damaged or destroyed. ARV may vary, depending on the point, date and time of departure. Grand Prize must be accepted as a whole or will be forfeited in its entirety. Grand Prize Winner and guests must travel together on the same itinerary. All travel arrangements must be made through a travel agent or entity selected by Sponsor. Grand Prize Winner and guests will be responsible for all meals, transportation (other than described above), travel insurance, tips, room service, laundry service, souvenirs or gratuities, fuel, parking, beverages, telephone calls, overages, baggage fees, extras and any other incidental costs or expenses not specifically stated herein as being included. Specific air carrier(s) and other trip specifics are selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Travel must originate and end at the same major gateway airport. Winner and guests will be required to obtain any travel related documents and maintain all insurance (including health, liability and any other insurance). Any guest under the age of eighteen (18) must travel with a parent/legal guardian. Grand Prize Winner acknowledges and agrees that the Sweepstakes Entities are not providers/carriers of transportation, or insurance providers. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked. No frequent flier miles will be earned on any element of prize travel. Grand Prize conditions may be added or modified by Sponsor or its designee. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any changes of any element of the Grand Prize, nor are they liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight/event changes, cancellation or delays. A Grand Winner later found ineligible or non-compliant will be immediately required to return and forfeit any prize awarded. In the event Grand Prize Winner and/or guest(s) engage(s) in behavior that, as determined by Sponsor (or its designee) in their absolute discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, dangerous, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or may cause harm, property damage or any other loss, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip early, in whole or in part, and to send the Grand Prize Winner and guests home with no further compensation.
Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded is $107,500.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Grand Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Grand Prize with a prize of comparable or greater value if advertised Grand Prize should become unavailable. Grand Prize Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws, rules and regulations. The Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on the Grand Prize he/she has received, including but not limited to any and all federal, state and local taxes. No more than the number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded.
6. PRIZE CLAIMS:
WEEKLY PRIZES: Each Weekly Prize Winner will be sent their Weekly Prize via USPS Priority Mail with Signature Required. In the event that the Weekly Prize is undeliverable, returned or unable to be delivered, that Weekly Prize Winner forfeits his/her right to the Weekly Prize and alternate Weekly Prize Winner will be selected from the respective Entry Period(s). If the Weekly Prize Winner is a Canadian Resident, he/she will be sent an email or mail notification with a mathematical skill testing question. Weekly Prize Winner must correctly complete the mathematical skill testing question. If the potential Weekly Prize Winner incorrectly answer the mathematical skill testing question, the potential Weekly Prize Winner forfeits his/her right to the Weekly Prize and an alternate Weekly Prize Winner will be selected at random from among all remaining non-winning eligible entries received during the respective Entry Period(s).
GRAND PRIZE: Grand Prize Winner will be notified via the contact source provided at the time of registration within five (5) business days of the drawing date. Except where prohibited, the potential Grand Prize Winner must sign and return to the Independent Administrator an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability/publicity release (the “Release”) and IRS form W-9 (US Residents) or IRS form W-8BEN (Canadian Residents) in order to claim the Grand Prize (collectively, the “Required Documents”) within the time frame indicated in the Notification. Guest may be required to complete a Travel Companion Waiver form. If the Grand Prize Winner is a Canadian Resident, he/she must correctly complete a mathematical skill testing question. If the potential Grand Prize Winner fails to sign and return the Required Documents within the required time period, or incorrectly answers the mathematical skill testing question, the potential Grand Prize Winner forfeits his/her right to the Grand Prize and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected at random from among all remaining non-winning eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The Grand Prize is taxable as income and the Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on the Grand Prize, including, but not limited to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local taxes. The Independent Administrator must report the value of the Grand Prize to the IRS in the year the Grand Prize is received by the Grand Prize Winner and will be reported to the Grand Prize Winner and the IRS in the form of a Form 1099 for Form 1042-S. In the event it is deemed during the verification process that the potential Grand Prize Winner does not have a unique, personal and valid social security number for Sponsor (or any party acting on its behalf) to report the tax liability associated with acceptance of the Grand Prize, the potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and another potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among the remaining non-winning eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Valid social security numbers will be determined by IRS requirements.
Each prize winner consents to use of his/her name, likeness, biographical information, and voice (or any derivation thereof) in advertising worldwide without additional compensation (TN residents will not be required to sign a publicity release as a condition of winning a prize).
7. GENERAL: All federal, state, provincial and local taxes on a prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winner, if applicable. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees: [a] to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Independent Administrator which shall be final in all respects relating to the Sweepstakes, including without limitation the interpretation of these Official Rules; [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, its franchisees, licensees, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional agencies and suppliers, and any other individual or company involved in the development or execution of the Sweepstakes, including the Independent Administrator, from any and all injuries, liability, losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind including liability for personal injury or death resulting from his/her participation in the Sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of a prize; and [c] if a prize winner, to the use of his/her name, voice, image and/or likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes by Sponsor and Sponsor’s subsidiaries and affiliates without further notice or compensation (unless prohibited by law) and, except where prohibited, to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. Sponsor, its licensees, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional agencies and suppliers and any other individual or company involved in the development or execution of the Sweepstakes, including the Independent Administrator, and each of their respective directors, officers, shareholders and employees are not responsible and shall not be liable for; [a] electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction; [b] unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; [c] technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions; or [d] limitations of any kind or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. Sponsor and / or Independent Administrator are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, incorrect, damaged, misdirected, or illegible entries or any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants, Sponsor, or Independent Administrator. Entries which contain false information, are incomplete, inaccurate or are otherwise forged, defective, or made outside authorized channels, including those which have failed due to malfunction or failure of phones, phone lines, telephone systems or networks, server, providers, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof of any kind, any human error or otherwise, shall be void. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSISTIUTE A WAIVER OF THESE PROVISIONS. If, for any reason whatsoever, this Sweepstakes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause which, in the Sponsor’s sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and limit entries to those submitted prior to the action taken, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of such action will be posted on the Website. All federal, state and local regulations apply. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND/OR CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO PRINCIPLES OF CONFICTS OF LAW; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, IF ANY, BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
8. SPONSOR: Gas Monkey Garage, 2340 Merrell Road, Dallas, TX 75229.
9. INDEPENDENT ADMINISTRATOR: National Sweepstakes Company, LLC, 1143 East Union St, Newark, NY 14513.
10. WINNERS’ LIST REQUEST: To receive the name of the prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped (business size) envelope to: “Gas Monkey” Winners List Request, PO Box 458, Newark, NY 14513. Requests must be received by November 8, 2021.
11. OFFICIAL RULES: Visit the Website for a copy of these Official Rules during the Sweepstakes Period.
This Sweepstakes shall not be published without written permission by Sponsor.